New beginnings

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My dear daughter / son


I trust I will beget you one day, and if, watching you through the hiccups of growing you wont kill me with fright, then I will get the chance to walk with you through your highs and lows, have you drive me nuts with your insolence when you wont listen but patiently wait for you to come to your senses and we reason together.

It will be hard, loving you and giving you tough love; the willow that bends to the wind learns how to survive the forces, and so will you the forces of the world. There will be those milestones only a parent faces with closed fingers and a sigh, they will wrinkle my brow and tighten my heart to the edges of a heart attack, but regardless, we will sail them together.

I know there will come a time when you will deem us your parents the greatest of fools on earth, as you extort pocket money from us. It will be payback time, I gather, and I suspect your mother will be sneaking you extra notes behind my back. History repeating itself.

Now, and to the sensitive issue about your mother, you must treat her as a God. That is one field we wont compromise on, and oh, I look forward to the smiles you will bring us as you goof around. I look forward to those moment, and I pray that when that time comes, though you may lack what I cannot provide, you will never lack the presence of a father and embrace of a loving family all around you so long as the tenure God has for us on this earth is still on.

Till then, reside in my knees young fella

No comments:

Post a Comment